Short Story Unit Reflection

I enjoyed reading stories in the Short Story Unit. I do not think I would change anything. The most important lesson I learned from this unit is that sentence sequencing, word choice, character and plot development are very important aspects of writing a story. I learned that I need to really develop my characters, setting and plot before starting to write. From The Tell-Tale Heart I learned that guilt will always nag us until we finally give in. From The Lottery I learned not to carry out a cruel practice just because it is a tradition. From The Big Snit I learned we should not ignore bigger dilemmas, such as global problems like war or environmental problems, in favor of our own insignificant issues. From The Fall of a City I learned not to ruin a child’s imagination by mocking them because I think what they are doing something ridiculous. I should not judge them without really knowing them. This applies for me as well; I should not other people’s opinions keep me from doing what I love. I learned that I need to work on organisation, word choices and sentence sequencing as a writer.